Monday, January 11, 2010

Breast Cancer Metastases Breast Cancer And Metastasis To Brain?

Breast Cancer and Metastasis to Brain? - breast cancer metastases

I have some questions. My mother had breast cancer 10 years ago and follow the handling of the operation (only a portion of the breast) was completed by radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Six months ago, another tumor was found in the breast and the treatment which was followed by surgery (removal of the entire left breast) and chemotherapy. Two days ago she had severe headache and then a head scan was found, a metastasis. You can not move his arm and right leg. My father somehow concealed information for me. My mother was 66 years. I do not know where he carries on his head.



I have some questions too cold.

- I've heard that the size of the tumor is about 4 cm. Not sure if this is the blood that the tumor or the tumor itself is exploding. If it is cancer, it is considered a great?

- I've heard that surgery is not an option, then go for radiology. Metastable brain is painful for them? Will there be movement in the arm and leg back?

- What is the life expectancy in months or years after the radiology?



Any advice would be appreciated.



Thanks

Mauritius

1 comment:

Denisedd... said...

4 cm is considered important.
Brain Mets are not particularly painful.
There is a good chance of movement in the arm and leg when the tumor was reduced again, as is often the pressure due to the limited space in the skull, which causes symptoms.

Your last question is difficult to answer, because information is not sufficient, but mainly because I do not think that the metastatic disease. All patients with metastatic cancer have a differential diagnosis prior to chemotherapy treatment. If I had the brains, then they were found. The only way I could remember is that if they were too small.

In the months following his mother was a development of metastases or chemotherapy was not, this tiny tumor grew very fast and very large. This behavior and the fact that not all been affected by chemotherapy for breast cancer that metastatic breast cancer. Is a prime suspect in the brain.

I know this is probably not what you expect to hear, and probably causes more questions for you that I ANSWst. I think if you want accurate information and responses will go directly to the oncologist of his mother. Best wishes.

Post a Comment